North Redwoods Book Arts Guild

If you are interested in more info or joining, please email to no.redwoods.bag@gmail.com

Monday, June 22, 2015

Humboldt County Library Kiosk Featured Artists

There have been so many different book art events and exhibitions lately that we got a little behind in posting photos of the kiosk display at the Humboldt County Library. Beginning in May, and still showing, the featured artists are Edge Gerring and Lynne GurneeEdge and Lynne both joined NORBAG early in 2014 and have been making beautiful creative books ever since. If you haven't yet seen this exhibit we hope these photos will pique your interest. 



Lynne said,"I joined NORBAG in January 2014 and have especially enjoyed the challenge of making a book each month for the book exchange (optional participation), and I am inspired by what I receive in return. Some of the complicated designs in bookmaking are like mental push-ups, great creative exercise for my brain.”




Edge shared, “I thought my first taste of book and paper arts was in March 2014. I had been invited to come to a NORBAG meeting by a friend. I had such a good time learning how to make a tunnel book - still a favorite structure of mine - that I signed up there and then. It wasn’t until later that I remembered I had enjoyed making an accordion fold travel journal several years before with the help of a friend who was also a NORBAG member. It just hadn’t occurred to me at that time that I should join the group! Now there is no going back. Learning the structures, handling all the amazing papers that are available, even designing my own structures is an endless source of pleasure, challenge, creativity, and fun.”





The following photos feature books that were received by Edge and Lynne in the monthly exchanges and were made by other guild members.


















No comments:

Post a Comment