North Redwoods Book Arts Guild

If you are interested in more info or joining, please email to no.redwoods.bag@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Creation of the Perfect Box

Photo and Boxes by Sandy Vrem
Boxes for presents, boxes for candies, boxes for trinkets, and boxes for BOOKS. Everyone loves them and everyone can make them. Our October Workshop showed us that they can be made with precision and even better, they can be covered with decorative paper in such a way that there are no overlaps or gaps. Perfect. Sandy, thanks for another great workshop and thanks to Beth M. for the photos.


Let the box begin. School paper cutters are great for cutting bookboard.
Everything matches up and is glued.
The paper template is the secret to a great cover.
One side covered.
Two sides done—two to go.
Over the sides.
Ta Da! Perfect.




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photos -- I wasn't at the meeting last Saturday and couldn't make heads or tails of the pieces that were brought to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Editor) I also missed the workshop and hope to assemble a covered box with the instructions AND the photos. If I "box myself into a corner", Sandy might help me out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo.... that's bad...! ;-)

      I was at the workshop but think it's great these pictures were posted.

      Delete