WEAVE and INTERLOCKThis month we will make a book structure from Woven and Interlocking Book Structures by Claire Van Vliet and Elizabeth Steiner (2002). This structure uses single pages (no signatures) using four paper strips to bind them together without the use of adhesives. Please cut your materials before the workshop.
|Bobbie's fun woven interlocking book|
• 4 pages 4" x 5" grain long: these can be as light as text weight or as heavy as card stock. These are your pages and will have slits cut into them and have paper strips woven through them.
• 2 covers each 5" x 8-3/4" grain short: Mi-Teintes is a nice weight for this or use any paper you have that is comparable.
• 4 weaving strips each 3/4" x 13-1/2" grain short: This paper should be a thin strong paper. Both sides of the strip will show on both covers. For example, if you use one sided scrapbook paper, the plain side will show. If you use Mi-Teintes, it is colored the same on both sides and will be OK.
• Note about materials: If you have the Mi-Teintes from the June Workshop, it would make a great cover or the weaving strips. If you are wondering, the weaving strips show up on each page and both covers.
• X-Acto knife and Scissors
• Cutting board
• Bone folder
• Metal ruler
• Pencil and eraser
• Things to decorate your pages
(rubber stamps, paint, inks,
pens, or any fun stuff you like
July Meeting Details:
Saturday, July 12
Our usual location:
BSS 166 at HSU
What to bring?
See lists above
Bobbie by July 7 (see newsletter for her information)
Cost: 50 cents